Our Windows made by Strassburger offer the highest quality vinyl replacement windows which makes them the first choice for many homeowners. Built with durability and Energy efficiency, we believe they are the best long term value for our customers.
We are also members of Window Wise, which is a national certification program that assures you that you have an approved window, an approved
contractor and certified installers.
Heat loss (or heat gain) through windows occurs by three methods:
• Radiant heat transfer
• Convection heat transfer
• Conductive heat transfer
Radiant heat transfer
Low-E glass has an almost invisible, microscopically thin coating that reflects long-wave infrared energy (or heat). When interior heat energy tries to escape to the colder outside, the Low-E coating reflects the heat back to the inside. The Low-E coating reduces radiant heat loss through the glass
Convection heat transfer
The argon gas in the airspace between the glass reduces heat loss by reducing heat flow via air movement. Convection is the strongest version of heat transfer in gases as well as Liquids. It simply refers to the transfer of heat from one place to another. Convection applies great insulation value.
Conductive heat transfer
Heat transfers from warm to cold. The thermal spacer which separates the glass increases the temperature of the glass therefore reducing the transfer of heat from the warm inside in the winter to the cold out side, and from the warm outside in summer to the colder inside in the summer.
Replacement windows made with the strongest materials
- Fusion welded multi chamber frame and sash offer greater strength and durability
- Profiles made with 100% virgin u-PVC powder
- Lead Free
- Resistance to environmental stresses (acid rain, insects, salt, air, rust, corrosion, rot etc…)
- Since PVC resists the effects of weather it is virtually maintenance free it will not rust rot or corrode , and it will require no painting.
Excellent soundproofing and Insulation
- Two panes of glass separated by a thermal spacer to make an airspace, which in turn is filled with argon gas, and a Low emissivity coating (Low-e) on the glass
- Keeps you warmer in the winter
- Cooler in the summer
In the summer
- The Low-E coating manages the sun’s heat in the summer by reducing the amount of heat transferred through the window in the summer. The Low-E coating filters the sun’s short-wave radiation, which cuts down on the amount of solar heat gain into your building. For summer comfort, the lower the indoor glass temperature, the better the product is for comfort.
In the winter
- The sun’s energy is “SHORT WAVE RADIATION” which passes through the window and is absorbed by carpet, furniture, etc. The energy is then transformed into long wave radiation. The long wave radiation wants to flow from warm to cool. Naturally, it will try to escape from the glass. At night the radiant heat produced from furnaces, wood stoves, etc., will also want to escape out through the glazing.
- The Low-E coating prevents this when the radiant room-side heat is reflected back into the building. This results in a lower winter U-value. For winter comfort, the higher the indoor glass temperature, the better the product is for comfort.
Come visit our beautiful showroom
2462 Industrial St Burlington
Just north of Guelph Line visit Burlington’s best Window and Door showroom. Speak with one of our educated sales representatives and learn about the West Windows Difference!.